If you are reading this page, there is a strong chance you have a student preparing for college. Congratulations! That alone is a huge milestone. It seems like yesterday they were graduating from 5th grade and now they are nearly finished with high school and facing college soon. How do you decide on which college? Where do I look? When should we start? The process and journey to college is no simple task, especially if finding the best college fit is important. It is, by far, more complex and more competitive than it used to be. And while the counselors at your high school are great at what they do, unfortunately their time is limited and shared among hundreds of other students making it difficult to dedicate enough time, attention and advice to your student. This is one of many reasons families choose to use independent college and educational counseling services.
Whether your student is an athlete, musician or blessed academically, Capstone’s college counseling services are designed to organize the journey to college, reducing stress along the way for the entire family! Capstone suggests families begin thinking about college in the 10th and 11th grades, but some families prefer to start as early as the 9th grade. Waiting until the 12th grade is considered a late start.
No matter when the family chooses to begin the journey, starting in 9th, 10th or 11th grade allows for more flexibility with options and many more paths to consider. In short, it’s never too early to start!
Our College and Educational Counseling Services Include
- Interest/priority assessments
- Exploration of potential majors and career options
- Time management and study skills support
- Identify potential academic enrichment programs, summer programs and internships
- Suggestions for extra-curricular and community service activities
- Recommendations for SAT/ACT prep and tutoring
- Writing coaching to develop stronger writing style
- Assess best learning environments
- College visit recommendations
- Support for Athletic timelines
- Demonstrations on how to fully research/explore college websites
- Essay organizing, brainstorming, development and revision
- Brag sheet/resume development
- Customized college list for each client making for a more studied choice
- Comprehensive application assistance
- Custom task list to reduce sense of overwhelm
- Interview preparation
- Financial Aid preparation and workshops for parents
- Assistance with final college decision
- and much more!
What Sets Capstone’s College Counseling Services Apart?
We believe there are a few things that set us apart from other independent college counselors.
- While it is possible to find other consultants across the country, Capstone is home to the only certified independent college counselor located on Atlanta’s south side. This means students and families are able to take advantage of local college counseling services, in-person, without spending countless hours in Atlanta traffic.
- Capstone’s lead counselor is 1 of only 6 certified educational planners in the entire state of Georgia with specific focus on college counseling. This means families can be assured they are receiving service from a counselor having demonstrated extensive knowledge, expertise and experience in the field of educational planning and college counseling.
- It is important for Capstone’s independent college counselors to be current with college trends, refreshing their knowledge of the application process, visiting college campuses and meeting with college admissions officers. To accomplish this, our counselors are actively involved in several professional organizations whose focus is on college counseling as a profession.
If you are interested in getting an early start on the college journey, learn more about our services for 9th grade and 10th grade students.
If you are ready to explore your options and your student is a junior or senior, learn more about our services for 11th grade and 12th grade students.
Let’s explore how Capstone Educational Consultants’ college counseling services can help your student and the family prepare for college.
Download and Print our College Counseling Services PDF here.